Wednesday, August 14, 2013

BUSINESS ROMANCE

The hits just keep coming. I'm still creating here in Oak Cloister Studio and my latest creation took on a surprising twist in the process.  I made a basic ploomer (bloomers + purse = ploomer). I used a pair of slacks from a man's suit.  Once I sewed up the basic ploomer from the slacks, it was blah. I tried using a tie as a belt with a decorative flair, but it didn't do anything for me. So I said, "What if ...  So many things happen when I get into What-If mode. So many happy things. So, I What-Iffed my way to some gorgeous crocheted lace. Beyond gorgeous. It's stunning. I rescued it from a linen piece that was beyond repair, horribly stained. The crochet trim was, however, in wonderful shape.  And here's the result. I even constructed a little flower to top it all off. I'm loving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment